Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chinese Bar-B-Q

Today I got back from the mountain town and met my friend for dinner. She is taking care of the puppy while I am away from Wuhan.

She enjoys Bar-B-Q. It is different from our idea of Bar-B-Q than what I am used to. I believe the style of cooking is from western provinces.

Chinese Bar-B-Q basically consists of taking fish, meat, potatos, Squid, and any meat you can put on a stick and then rubbing the skewered food with hot peppery spices.

I like it, but you need to be drinking beer to adequately enjoy it. My mouth actually started to hirt ot was so spicy.

I can only assume that this style of cooking comes from a Muslim are because it utilizes the ubiquitous islamic skewers.

People in Wuhan eat late and seem to like doing alot of things in the evening when it is cooler.  The cool ight is still very warm at around 85 F.

My friend and her sister gave the puppy a summer haircut.  He now has a close shave, which accentuates his very small size.  He was hapy to see me, but I think he prefers staying with my friend and her dog.  The puppy really enjoys playing with the older dog.

Attached are some pictures of the side walk restaurant.  The food was tasty, albeit very spicy.  The clientele cosited of som colege age boys who literally had drunk a couple of cases of beer.  Beer is weaker here, so it takes alot to get drunk.  They were well on their way.

I have been going to restaurants with my friend alot.  Lst week I saw the Tom Cruise movie Oblivion.  Movie theaters here usually have at least one film in english.




No comments:

Post a Comment