Thursday, May 30, 2013

My time in Wuhan

I have enjoyed Wuhan a lot.  The food here has been good, I have worked an average of under 10 hours a week, I have seen many historic sights, I met some interesting people, and the weather has been pretty good.

Since coming to Hubei last fall, I have been to four of the main cities in the province. I visited the mountain temples of Wudangshan.  I visited the medieval walled city of Jingzhou.  I visited a middle school in Yicheng (I guess I could not count this as a real visit because I did not see the three gorges dam or any of the local sights).  I visited Shiyan numerous times and found little puppy there.

I have had alot of Wuhan food, walked on the banks of the Yangtze River, went to museums here, visited the Huanghelou tower, visited the Guanyin temple here, and walked around a lot.

I met a variety of Wuhan Ren and learned alot about this area and the people here.  In addition to my own readings, I have learned alot about the issues in Hubei and China.  I know alot more about this country than I did before I came.

I hope to visit some more tourist spots.  I really want to swim across the Yangtze river, go to the temple to Laoshi, see some more sights, and maybe have one more big feed at a good restaurant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment