Thursday, March 14, 2013

It gets kind of lonely

Spring came to Wuhan.  It was 80 degrees.  Then it got cold again.  Today it was warm again.

I really want to travel out to the western provinces in China  There is a giant pyramid out there that is supposedly very unusual.

I have read a story about back in the 1920s a group of farmers found a cave with some odd skeletons in it.  Supposedly, aliens crashed in what is now eastern Tibet.  They tried to befriend the locals, but were hunted down because they were weird looking.  The locals ended up burying them in the cave.

The area remains off limits to anyone.

It gets pretty lonely as a solo traveler.  I know I get lonely.  It can be hard to eat out all the time, travel alone, suck up your courage to travel among strangers who don't speak you language, etc.

It is not like I chat it up with people when traveling.  I guess it's mostly anxiety because I cannot understand what other people are saying.

I am enjoying my time in the middle kingdom, but it is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment