Thursday, March 7, 2013

Steamed Chinese Food

Today for lunch I went to a new restaurant with a couple of teachers.  It served alot of steamed dishes.

Wuhan cuisine is pretty spicy.  I had some steamed pork in a peppery sort of doughy sauce.  I also had eggs cooked on peppers, some tripe with peppers and some local vegetables and something else that was not adequately explained to me.  It had something like a pepper but with a very thin consistency.

Rice was served in little clay bowls.

The teachers I had lunch with are both from Wuhan and are teachers.  They are both in their early twenties.  One teacher has to commute two hours to work and two hours to get home.  It is pretty rough.  They both said that they are very familiar with Wuhan and want to get out and travel around.

Below are some pictures of the many steamed dishes available at this fanguan.


Many steamed dishes for patrons to choose from.


Tasty steamed fish ad vegetables.


Some tasty stuff

My Rice, steamed pork, tripe and eggs/pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment