Friday, March 15, 2013

Self Service Library in Hankou, Wuhan

On my way to work, I pass through a part of Hankou in Wuhan that is probably part of the old French neighborhoods.  I will endeavor to take some photos.

The neighborhood is predominantly clothing and boutique type shops.  The Wuhan Art museum is also here.

There is one block that seems like it was constructed recently.  The architects seem to have wanted to build something that is in keeping with the sino-european style of the neighborhood.  It is pretty nice.

In this small area are a number of more upscale restaurants.  There is also the 24 hour self service library.

I cannot remember seeing a 24 hour self service library before.  That is kind of saying something, because I am always looking our for local libraries, archives and museums.  I really cannot remember seeing anything like the 24 hour self service library "machine" that is here in Hankou.

My next step is to locate the Wuhan library and go take a look.

 Like a giant soda machine, only with books.
 It reminds me of something from Tokyo.
 You have your choice of this terminal....
 Or this terminal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment