Saturday, February 23, 2013

I am now at least XXXL Size!

The basic laws of the universe must have shifted, because I am now too big to fit into XXXL size blue jeans.  

I am not sure when this sea change occurred, but at some point in the recent days, I went from a svelte 36 waist to being too big to fit into XXXL.

Of course, this is because I am trying to fit into Chinese size XXXL blue jeans.  Haha! For a moment, my gentle reader, I am sure you must have thought that JMB had put on some pounds perhaps?

The other day, I decided I needed some more casual attire.  I have plenty of nice brooks brothers pants, with pleats and such.  These pants are fine for the work week.  However, I only have two pairs of pants that I can wear "out and about".

My two casual pants are a pair of army style BDU's (one from an army surplus and the other from EMS).  

Therefore, I wanted to get another pair of pants.  However, I am a giant among petite Chinese people.  My giant American frame does not fit into the confine of even a XXXL size jean!  The legs were skin tight on me.  

I bought the pants at Walmart.  In China, there are no changing rooms at the Walmat, therefore, I had to trek back to my apartment, only to find to my horror that my mass has expanded a great deal since last I paid attention to such things.

I promptly returned the pants to the Walmart.  I think they actually do alterations, because the woman at the customer service desk at first emerged with a tailors cloth ruler to measure me for alterations to the tiny XXXL blue jeans.  

I said "Maeyo! Ni Ge Qian!" shaking my head and pointing to my receipt.

You will be pleased to know that I was refunded the full amount of 129 RMB (about 20 USD) for the price of these rather flashy designer jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment