Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow in Hefei and Shanghai

Yesterday it snowed in Hefei.  Alas, I didn't really do very much in the manner of tourist activities.  I pretty much slept all day, which also has its charms.

Today, I took the train to Shanghai.

My first impression of the city is that it reminds me of Chicago, more so than New York.  New York has it's own very unique vibe, which is like no where else.

Shanghai is pretty impressive.  I am trying to compare it to Tokyo, but it is not really like Tokyo.

It also is not like Hong Kong.  Aside from being alot colder, the feel is different.

I found a hotel that costs about 20.00 USD a night.  It has in room wifi, a clean bed, and heat.  Around the corner I had some meat on a stick from the local Uighur mongol skewer guy.  I also had some tasty dumplings.

Tomorrow, I really need to do some sight seeing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment