Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Marketplace in Hefei

I am the first foreigner to stay at the hotel where I am staying.  I found that out yesterday when I checked in.

I slept very late today.  After dinner, I fell asleep very quickly after coming back to my room.  I fell asleep listening to coast to coast AM radio.

I then woke up again around 2 AM, and had trouble falling asleep until about 4:30.  Consequently, I was kind of sleepy and ended up sleeping until around 1:00 PM.

My Chinese handler called me a couple of times, because he was going to guide me to some scenic spots.  I ended up just sleeping.  We are going to go see some sights tomorrow.

I very much like my bed here.  It is alot better than the bed at my accommodations in Wuhan.

Because of all the sleep, I feel quite dandy.

This afternoon, I ventured forth to hit up an ATM.  I then wandered around a little bit.  I am in a sort of suburb of Hefei. The roads are wide and there is alot less traffic than in Wuhan.  The air is also alot clearer.

While walking, I stumbled upon an old style farmers market.  There were individuals selling all kinds of vegetables, spices, meats, tofu, New Years supplies, iPhone covers, pictures, belts, and various other items.  I have posted some pictures below.

I stopped and had some noodles at a small tent next to the market.  It was different from ra-ga-mian (the hot and dry noodles in Wuhan of which I write copiously).

The noodles I got had bean sprouts, some seaweed, some noodles, and different spices.  It was quite tasty and only 3 rmb.  Pictures below.

.
Very tasty!


A baby snake for the new year of the snake.


All kinds of fresh vegetables.


Better than alot of supermarkets.


Some wierd looking tofu.


This is not your mothers walmart.


Alot of ancient slogans for keeping up appearances during New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment